Ian Cassel Quotes

Who the Heck is Ian Cassel?

Ian Cassel is an American business owner and stock market investor from Pennsylvania.

Books by Ian Cassel


Best 21 Quotes by Ian Cassel

“10% of successful stock picking is picking great stocks. The other 90% is not selling them.”

Ian Cassel

“18 years ago, my mentor picks me up from the airport and we went to a casino. We played craps, took out a $10k marker. The table was empty. He started winning and the table got full. He looked at me and said, "Whether it's stocks, craps, business, life, people are attracted to winners.”

Ian Cassel

“A microcap investor’s goal is to find something great when no analyst covers it and still be holding when the 10th analyst initiates coverage on it.”

Ian Cassel

“All great companies started as small companies.”

Ian Cassel

“Do everything with excellence. How you do the small things is how you do everything. You don’t know who is watching.”

Ian Cassel

“Great stocks are doubted the whole way up”

Ian Cassel

“I built my capital base in my early 20’s by concentrating in 2-4 companies. I was right half the time and different degrees of wrong the other half. It makes for a volatile portfolio, but I still think it’s the best way to learn because every decision is amplified (good and bad).”

Ian Cassel

“If you don’t feel uncomfortable, stretched, and intimidated by a goal you are pursuing you aren’t thinking big enough.”

Ian Cassel

“Many of us already own the stocks we need to outperform. We just can’t get scared out of them.”

Ian Cassel

“Me talking to my daughter - "Daddy will help you."

Me talking to my son - "Life is hard. Figure it out boy.”

Ian Cassel

“One of the ultimate signs of investment maturity is when you can buy a stock higher that you passed on lower - when you can look at the same company through unbiased eyes not calloused by a cost basis that could have been.”

Ian Cassel

“Only later do you realize if you didn’t survive the last thing you went through you wouldn’t be tough enough to survive what you are going through right now. Your reward for overcoming your last challenge is your next challenge.”

Ian Cassel

“Success isn’t a zero sum game. You are only competing against yourself and your own limitations.”

Ian Cassel

“Successful investing is hard work because it means disciplining your mind to do the opposite of human nature. Buying during a panic, selling during euphoria, and holding on when you are bored and crave action.”

Ian Cassel

“The best investment strategy for you is the one that allows you to hold your winners the longest.”

Ian Cassel

“The shorter your time horizon the more you are gambling.”

Ian Cassel

“We often overestimate what we could do with someone else's life, circumstances, and resources while underestimating what we can do with our own.”

Ian Cassel

“When someone says something is impossible, they mean it’s impossible for them... not you.”

Ian Cassel

“You learn investing by investing, not by paper trading. 99.9% of successful investing is controlling your emotions when your money is on the line and feeling the consequences of your decisions.”

Ian Cassel

“Your portfolio will naturally concentrate itself, the way it should be, into your winners if you just stay out of the way.”

Ian Cassel

"On the stock market" Quotes

“Nothing screws with your head more than watching something you used to own go up more than what you own.”

Ian Cassel
On the stock market

Products by Ian Cassel