Leila Hormozi Quotes
Books by Leila Hormozi
Best 73 Quotes by Leila Hormozi – Page 1 of 3
“Get around people who talk about future you. Get away from people who talk about past you.”
“Is it someone else’s fault? Maybe.
Is it your problem? Yes.
Taking ownership will open up more solutions than blame ever will.”
Twitter post Quotes
“5 Ways to break your biz (and how to avoid them)
1. Make emotion based decisions
2. Add more complexity
3. Ignore what your customers want
4. Neglect your data
5. Let unexperienced leaders hire”
“7 Money habits that are keeping you poor:
1. Sacrificing tomorrow for today
2. Not keeping track of spending
3. Pretending like debt isn't there
4. Buying things, not time/knowledge
5. Not saving
6. Trying to look rich
7. Getting complacent”
“8-step framework to start a business:
1. Write down your opportunities
2. List pros and cons
3. Find your margin
4. Research the market opportunity
5. Toss opportunities that have more cons
6. List your likes and dislikes
7. List your strengths and weaknesses
8. Find your worst case scenario”
“Accountability = (Expectations + Measurement) x Feedback”
“Approach someone and try to change them, they resist.
Approach someone and try to understand them, they change.”
“Be hard to offend.”
“Be the example you wish you’d had.”
“Becoming an entrepreneur is one of the fastest paths to self-discovery and purpose.”
“Can’t do a good deal with a bad partner.”
“Change is a process, not an event.”
“Comparison isn't bad. Without it, we'd never grow.”
“Discipline isn't just about self-control. It's about creating a purpose and values so exciting your desire becomes greater than your fears.”
Products by Leila Hormozi
“Don't let emotions control your bank account.”
“Embracing discomfort leads to short-term pain. Unironically, it also leads to long-term success.”
You Might Like
“If you care about your title, you shouldn’t be at a startup.”
“Empathy is the most underrated skill in sales. It doesn't matter how persuasive you are, if the prospect doesn't feel heard, they're never going to buy.”
“Entrepreneurship is often romanticized. If you really want to be successful, 90% of your time is going to be spent doing unsexy shit.”
“Everytime I feel the impulse to do something in the moment, I repeat: I will not trade short term comfort for long term dysfunction.”
“Four mentalities you need to go from wantrepreneur to entrepreneur (fast)
1. Embrace the worst case scenario
2. Focus on learning > winning
3. Set low expectations
4. View everything as an experiment”
“Growth is realizing you trusted the wrong people and made big mistakes when you were young and green.
Then you learn how to trust and play the game again.”
“Hiding your weaknesses doesn’t make you look strong, it makes you look insecure.”
“How to create more engaging content
1. Tailor content to audience's needs and preferences
2. Actively listen to audience's feedback
3. Ask audience for feedback
4. Evaluate and adjust current content to meet audience's needs
5. Target audience with consistent brand voice and aesthetic
6. Increase reach with platforms and tools
7. Create a content calendar”
“How to create urgency
1. Master three elements to create a sense of urgency: purpose, opposing force, and time
2. Purpose provides direction and motivation for team members
3. Opposing forces (e.g. competition, deadlines) increase urgency to work harder
4. Time pressure motivates but with realistic expectations and resources.
5. Communicate clearly, set tight deadlines, and provide support
6. Reward and hold team members accountable.
7. Create friendly competitions”
“How to get promoted:
1. Be adaptable
2. Identify what level you're at
3. Figure out what things you need to do to level up
4. Keep yourself accountable”
“How to hijack your brain:
1. The brain's main function is safety, not success.
2. Rely on logic, evidence, reason for better decision-making.
3. Question thoughts and feelings for better decisions.
4. Take action, build momentum, and confidence.
5. Surround yourself with supportive, motivating people.”
“How to hire top-tier talent
1. Read every resume
2. Study their past experience
3. Use the 7-Step Interview flow
4. Be patient & be picky”
“How to hold your team accountable:
1. Set clear expectations
2. Establish & track relevant KPIs (push and pull)
3. Give your team regular feedback (daily)”
Products by Leila Hormozi
“How to make six figures
1. Communicate salary expectations during the interview process.
2. Compare similar salaries to determine a reasonable salary to ask for.
3. Ask around for insight on pay in your field.
4. Build skills and gather evidence to create leverage.
5. Present your case for a raise to your boss with numbers, facts, and testimonials.
6. Persist in asking for a raise, be strategic with timing and new evidence.”
“How to retain top-tier talent
1. Set expectations early on
2. Give context around their job/role
3. Ensure they're onboarded properly”
You Might Like
“What I really want out of life is to discover something new, something mankind didn’t know was possible to do.”
You Might Like These Related Authors
- Jedediah Bila
- Sara Blakely
- Elizabeth Holmes
- Alex Hormozi
- Morgan Housel
- Arianna Huffington
- Ryan Daniel Moran
- Codie Sanchez
- Jay Shetty
- Alexa von Tobel