Miyamoto Musashi Quotes
Who was Miyamoto Musashi?
|Born||January 1, 1584|
|Died||June 13, 1645|
|Aged||61 years old|
Books by Miyamoto Musashi
Miyamoto Musashi Sources
- All quotes by Miyamoto Musashi (7 quotes)
- The Book of Five Rings (6 quotes)
- Other quotes by Miyamoto Musashi (1 quote)
Best 7 Quotes by Miyamoto Musashi
“1. Accept everything just the way it is.
2. Do not seek pleasure for its own sake.
3. Do not, under any circumstances, depend on a partial feeling.
4. Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
5. Be detached from desire your whole life long.
6. Do not regret what you have done.
7. Never be jealous.
8. Never let yourself be saddened by a separation.
9. Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself nor others.
10. Do not let yourself be guided by the feeling of lust or love.
11. In all things have no preferences.
12. Be indifferent to where you live.
13. Do not pursue the taste of good food.
14. Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need.
15. Do not act following customary beliefs.
16. Do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is useful.
17. Do not fear death.
18. Do not seek to possess either goods or fiefs for your old age.
19. Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help.
20. You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honour.
21. Never stray from the Way.”
The Book of Five Rings Quotes
“Do nothing that is of no use.”
“If you wish to control others you must first control yourself.”
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet.”
“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them.”
“There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.”
“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain.”
Offer of the week
OtterBox Black Case for iPhone 14
You Might Like
“War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means.”
You Might Like These Related Authors
- Marcus Aurelius
- Niccolò Machiavelli
- Steven Pressfield
- James Stockdale
- Sun Tzu
- Carl von Clausewitz
- Jocko Willink